Thursday, 30 March 2017

Turner's Take #1

Today we did the so-called “Golden Circle”. We started by going down the highway and making some stops along the way for pictures of the breath-taking scenery. Our first major stop was near a lake where we saw the splitting of the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates. It looked like Godzilla had walked through. The ground was split apart and all cracked and crumbled. It was amazing. We then proceeded to stop a few times to take photos of some mountains. At this point, I had taken what seemed to be 100 pictures. Our second stop was Geysir. Even though it smelled like rotten eggs and made me gag, I pushed through. The little geysirs were very cool but the best one was one that went like 60 feet high. It was phenomenal. Our third stop was a waterfall named Gullfoss. The waterfall was absolutely spectacular. It was very windy and I’m surprised that I didn’t get blown off the cliff and into the falls. The water had made a thin gorge at the bottom of Gulfoss, making it look very cool. The waterfall was amazing but we had to go to our final stop in the loop. Our final stop was Selfoss, a small town on the south side of the island. There, we got some ice cream, admired the mountains again, and went back to our closet like hotel room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment