What an amazing adventure that we are about to embark on! My amazing husband, Brett and I, are officially on a half-year sabbatical, the last day of school is over, Christmas is over and now the fun begins. Well, I have report cards to write, but that's not going to be too awful.
This all started 4 years ago when I tried to figure out as an elementary school teacher how to get to the 100th Anniversary of Vimy Ridge. The official ceremony is April 9th, 2017 and as a teacher, there is no way I am getting holiday time in April. So, it meant arranging some longer term time off. My school board offers something called a teacher financed leave, and my leave is called a 3.4 over 4. Technically it means that I am taking 3.4 years pay spread out over 4 years and that I have the second term, plus about a month, off. So I am kid free from January 'till September when I will return to my post as a grade 7 teacher at the most amazing school ever Garrison Road Public School. Shout out to all those greyhounds out there.
Anyway, the long and the short of it is that this is how we are going to keep our friends and family posted about our travels, tours etc for the next six months or so. I am not a great writer but thought maybe folks would be interested in a teacher's perspective of the world, and of planning a big adventure.
Cheers, Rachel
No comments:
Post a Comment